Mailing list Signup
Find us on Facebook
[Article By: G. Davenport]
1. Take out the trash. Purge any and everything you don’t like, don’t wear or don’t consider to be your style anymore. That way you are forced to wear what you like. If you don’t own crappy items there is no way you will be caught wearing them. I’m not only talking about items hanging in your closet, but everything right down to your hole filled underwear and socks.
Tip: Organize your closet with the same color hangers. Turn the hangers backwards and hang every piece that way. As you begin to wash and rehang these items, hang them in the opposite direction. At the end of the year or the end of a few months get rid of the items still turned backwards. It means you don’t wear and do not need those particular items.
2. Revamp your closet. Not everything needs to be thrown out. We all have those pieces that we just don’t want to give up. Well you don’t have to, just spruce then up. Shaving the lint balls off of your favorite sweater is a great way to bring them back to life. Break out the tooth brush and clean up those sneakers, get those shoes shined , replace the soles etc. Have you lost or gained weight? Take your clothing to a tailor and get them to fit perfectly. Everything doesn’t have to be replaced, if you love it keep it.
3. Shop often. Even if it’s just for one item. I find it best to do this when you get paid. So if it weekly or bi weekly, make it a habit to take a few bucks and treat yourself to a new item. It can be as small as a pair of socks or a lapel pin or as large as a new Custom suit or really expensive pair of shoes. The choice is yours, but what ever it is make sure you love it! This also a sure fire way to give you an esteem boost, everyone wants to look good and feel happy.
Tip: Do you have items in good condition but just hate them now? Find a store like Buffalo Exchange. They give money for you used clothing, you can even do trades. Nice I know, now you can shop for free.
4. Have Confidence! Confidence in yourself can sometimes make or break your outfit. If you aren’t feeling your look, most likely no one else will either. Sometimes it’s not about the clothing it’s about your attitude. We have all seen clothing we have hated, scoffed at and wondered why it was even made when it hung on the rack, but once we see someone wear the item, it changes our whole perspective and new life is instantly breathed into the piece.
5. Visit Elegant Cloth daily for more style tips, lookbooks, and suggestions. 🙂
Be Bold, Be Original, Be You
Instagram: G_style_ _